Housing Affordability and Food Insecurity
One of the most pressing crisis's students are facing are increasing house and food costs. That is why, I am endeavoring to find solutions to the crisis. Read below for more information.
- ADVOCATE that the university pursue both short-term and long-term strategies to buy and use more land around UBC to construct better student housing, with appropriate consultation with Indigenous groups and other stakeholders
- PUSH the university to commit a greater percentage of the endowment to the construction of below-market affordable student housing
- CREATE and expand housing grant programs that provide month-to-month financial assistance to students
- EXPAND food subsidy programs like UBC Meal Share through large university financial commitments to provide sustainable and ongoing funding
- ENSURE greater amounts of the UBC budget are allocated towards student-driven food security initiatives like Sprouts, and the AMS Foodbank