Opposing Tuition Increases
In the wake of increasing costs everywhere else in life, students cannot be faced with the burden of increasing tuition costs, hence we must strive to reduce them. Read below for more information.
- BEING clear in all messaging that the student body will not tolerate further tuition increases
- ORGANIZING student protests across campus if the university continues to increase tuition
- WORK with Constituency VP Academics to ensure that the message of how harmful tuition increases are, are translated to Deans and Faculty leaders
- USING the Student Affordability Task Force to ensure that opposition to tuition increases is lamented in the multi-year tuition framework being developed
- COLLABORATE with the UBC Vice-President External to put together an advocacy campaign to the provincial government on increasing the amount of funding provided through operating grants, in order to provide alternative revenue streams that are not reliant on tuition increases